Debian CoC Applies To Planet Debian Blog Posts & Other Updated Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian CoC Applies To Planet Debian Blog Posts & Other Updated Rules

Phoronix: Debian CoC Applies To Planet Debian Blog Posts & Other Updated Rules

For Debian Developers and other contributors that list their personal blog(s) on Planet Debian, there is a new set of rules for DD blogs being aggregated by their site...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

[this post has been censored by the thought police]

Comment

OK boys. Better out than in.

Comment

Happy new year everyone.

I do consider myself a moderate, if its republican/conservative or more democratic/labor way, depends on what is being discussed. But this is going a bit too far. It's all well and done to have rules, and ethic guidelines, but this? It's important to maintain a balance, between protecting people from bullying/racist behaviors/posts and silencing people with other opinions than your self.

This behavior also is done in Europe, like in my country Norway. I will link this article from the Doctors association, (similiar to AMA in the US) It's from one of the editiors of the publication. https://tidsskriftet.no/en/2018/11/f...exes-all-sexes

What this guy does is actually silencing all opposition claiming that they are either trump fans, or religious conservatives. And you know what, it was a timid few that actually talked back.

Well sort of off track this, I just read the article yesterday and got really fed up.

Kind regards
        Brut. Your friendly Linux neighbor.

Comment

"try not to annoy people"
          Good addition.
          "avoid posting personal fights, insults or slurs"
          This should be amended with "avoid taking things too personally where offense was not intended".

Comment

This is reasonable. It shouldn't change anything in practice.

Comment

That is fine, it means that planet.debian.org is and will be moderated... nothing wrong on this.

Originally posted by DanL View Post
              This is reasonable. It shouldn't change anything in practice.
              It does not change anything, just a note for these who complain why something does not appear there
              Last edited by dungeon; 03 January 2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow
                Just curious: why do CoC-related changes go unreviewed by the community but rather applied immediately?
                Because anyone that thinks the CoC has an issue is immediately labeled a transphobe (usually this one), homophobe, misogynist etc. Accidentally calling someone he or she now-a-days turns out to be a massive crime.

Comment

I do not see anything excessive or overly political here.

In the CoC i just read i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow
                    Just curious: why do CoC-related changes go unreviewed by the community but rather applied immediately?
                    I don't see that at its base anything is changed it is still same 6 points "Version 1.0 ratified on April 28th, 2014."

Just it have further reading

Comment

Working...
                    X