No announcement yet.

Logitech High Resolution Scrolling, 700K Gaming Keyboard Sent In For Linux 4.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech High Resolution Scrolling, 700K Gaming Keyboard Sent In For Linux 4.21

Phoronix: Logitech High Resolution Scrolling, 700K Gaming Keyboard Sent In For Linux 4.21

SUSE's Jiri Kosina sent in the HID subsystem pull request today with some interesting additions that we've been monitoring in recent weeks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Contribute support for your mouse to libratbag on GitHub.

Here is an example device file:

Run "lsusb" to get information about your device. You can use the --verbose parameter for extra information.

Comment

Well, that's disappointing; I was expecting a Logitech keyboard that had high resolution scrolling.

Comment

Originally posted by hikingpete View Post
        Well, that's disappointing; I was expecting a Logitech keyboard that had high resolution scrolling.
        Same here, or at least a mouse that had high resolution typing. Personally, I'm holding out for a USB3 keyboard and mouse. USB2 is too slow for my l33t gaming moves.
        Last edited by torsionbar28; 03 January 2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Peter Hutterer's article on the patches http://who-t.blogspot.com/2018/12/hi...olling-on.html

TL;DR is: old Microsoft mice are using standard HID protocol which Microsoft themselves got into standard in time of Vista. But for some reason newer MS mice doesn't seem to use it anymore. Also behavior of their mice wildly varies, but apparently it was dealt with somehow. Logitech are using a custom (proprietary?) protocol, which was implemented.

[quote="Peter Hutterer"]Coincidentally, if you know anyone at Microsoft who can provide me with the specs for their custom protocol, I'd appreciate it. We'd love to have support for it both in libratbag and in the kernel. Or any other vendor, come to think of it.[quote]

Comment

Working...
          X