Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK Vulkan Driver Sees Its First Tagged Release

Phoronix: AMDVLK Vulkan Driver Sees Its First Tagged Release

In the nearly one year that the AMDVLK official Vulkan driver has been open-source there hasn't been any "releases" but rather new code drops on a weekly basis that is pushed out of their internal development repositories. But surprisingly this morning is now a v2018.4.1 release tag for this open-source AMD Vulkan Linux driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

4.1 is the first of April. They wanted a joke release, but part of the joke is being super delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      4.1 is the first of April. They wanted a joke release, but part of the joke is being super delayed.
      I'm pretty sure the 2018.4.1 represents the year, quarter, and release. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this has something to do with the coming AMD Radeon Pro 18.Q4 Linux Driver, as Michael meantioned in the article.

Comment

Working...
      X