No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 415.13 Beta Linux Graphics Driver Released With Assorted Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 415.13 Beta Linux Graphics Driver Released With Assorted Improvements

Phoronix: NVIDIA 415.13 Beta Linux Graphics Driver Released With Assorted Improvements

NVIDIA today released their first beta release for Linux/Solaris/BSD users in the 415 release stream...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

According nvidia_icd_json_template shows this:

{ "fileformat_version" : "1.0.0", "ICD": { "library_path": "NV_VK_ICD_", "api_version" : "1.1.84" } }

No stream output support for turing for now

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

{ "fileformat_version" : "1.0.0", "ICD": { "library_path": "NV_VK_ICD_", "api_version" : "1.1.84" } }

that is bad. i wonder whats keeping them.

Comment

Hey, NVIDIA, what about these bugs which have been known for years?

Old description: [s]a simple act of scrolling a web page in Mozilla Firefox 52.0.2 makes power consumption of my GTX 1060 6GB go from 7W to 35W. I’m not running any compositing manager - I’ve got a plain X11 desktop with zero effects. Please fix this bug.[/s] New description: new NVIDIA drivers may take up to 36 seconds to go from high clocks to lower clocks even when you have a very light load (say, a web browser without running WebGL). This leads to a decreased battery life and significantl...

Update from 2014-09-12: Here’s a solution for this issue (at least it works for me) courtesy of alexisdm (here’s his stack overflow profile). This snippet has to be added to the NVIDIA configuration file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*.conf: Section "Device" Driver "nvidia" Identifier "Videocard0" Option "RegistryDwords" "RMUseSwI2c=0x01; RMI2cSpeed=100" EndSection ------------------------- The original message ------------------------- sudo ddccontrol -p ddccontrol version 0.4.2 Copyrig...

Hi everyone ! Using Fedora 27 x64 with xfce, kernel 4.14.16-300.fc27.x86_64, I’m running into some issues since the nvidia 390.12 drivers. With these, I could only see a black screen instead of my desktop (but it was clearly “running”), and there was nothing I could do (I reverted back to nvidia 384). With the nvidia 390.25, things got a little better : my desktop still starts on a black screen, but quickly switching from tty2 to tty1 (ctrl+alt+f2 then ctrl+alt+f1) gives me back my desktop. No...

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

I'm not sure if nVidia Vulkan version is relevant.

Quote: "Just ignore the Vulkan version, it doesn't mean much. The extension had been in development for several months anyway."
          With the Vulkan 1.1.88 spec update including the new VK_EXT_transform_feedback extension, DXVK can finally support Stream Output, which has been a big issue for a number of games (see #135). Prereq...

To check if VK_EXT_transform_feedback is supported could be used vulkaninfo:
          vulkaninfo | grep -i VK_EXT_transform_feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Danniello View Post

I'm not sure if nVidia Vulkan version is relevant.

Quote: "Just ignore the Vulkan version, it doesn't mean much. The extension had been in development for several months anyway."
            https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/is...ment-434324746

To check if VK_EXT_transform_feedback is supported could be used vulkaninfo:
            vulkaninfo | grep -i VK_EXT_transform_feedback
            In my case tested with 410.57 using gpu-viewer 1.14 and extension dont appear

Last edited by pinguinpc; 08 November 2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Any news about HDCP support?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                Hey, NVIDIA, what about these bugs which have been known for years?

Old description: [s]a simple act of scrolling a web page in Mozilla Firefox 52.0.2 makes power consumption of my GTX 1060 6GB go from 7W to 35W. I’m not running any compositing manager - I’ve got a plain X11 desktop with zero effects. Please fix this bug.[/s] New description: new NVIDIA drivers may take up to 36 seconds to go from high clocks to lower clocks even when you have a very light load (say, a web browser without running WebGL). This leads to a decreased battery life and significantl...
                Oh wow, I've been having this problem forever as well. The GPU constantly sits on the highest performance level, even under long periods where it sees 0% utilisation.

Comment

"- A fix that could cause Wine to crash."

Is that supposed to be "A fix for bug that could cause Wine to crash"? =P

Comment

From what I can tell does 415.13 contain many of the Vulkan fixes of the 396.54.xx series. I still had issues with a game up to and including 396.54.02, which got fixed with .05. The same issues have disappeared now with 415.13, but were still present in 410.73.

Judging by the vulkaninfo command does the driver contain all new extensions up to and including 396.54.06. So is
                    VK_EXT_inline_uniform_block (396.54.05) and VK_KHR_driver_properties (396.54.06) present, but VK_EXT_transform_feedback (396.54.09) is missing.

Comment

Working...
                    X