Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoltenVK Updated Against Vulkan 1.1.85, New Features

Phoronix: MoltenVK Updated Against Vulkan 1.1.85, New Features

For developers interested in delivering cross-platform Vulkan games/applications and using MoltenVK for delivering macOS/iOS support, a new release is available that has a number of feature additions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good.

Elder Scrolls Online is switching from OpenGL to MoltenVK on OSX.

Is it the first game doing so?

I also hope that means they are planning on switching from D3D11 to Vulkan on Windows...

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
      Good.

Elder Scrolls Online is switching from OpenGL to MoltenVK on OSX.

Is it the first game doing so?

I also hope that means they are planning on switching from D3D11 to Vulkan on Windows...
      First game distinction probably goes to Valve's own Dota 2. Think they had a working implementation almost simultaneously with the open sourcing announcement. But actually not sure if any games had switched over to it while it was still proprietary.

I'm optimistically thinking ESO for Windows will switch to Vulkan. ESO is published by Bethesda and last I checked they were trying to bring as many of their games as they could to Vulkan.

Comment

Bethesda has a Vulkan renderer for all their engines now and claimed to be using it in the future however PC users have yet to see anything for whatever reason... perhaps they don't want to waste time with titles that got them where they are today... sad.

I wonder what Fallout76 will use, be rather disappointing if its another DX11 thing.

Comment

Working...
        X