Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 18.2 Should Now Be Clear For Releasing With Its Many OpenGL/Vulkan Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 Should Now Be Clear For Releasing With Its Many OpenGL/Vulkan Improvements

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 Should Now Be Clear For Releasing With Its Many OpenGL/Vulkan Improvements

Mesa 18.2 ended up having two unscheduled release candidates due to open blocker bugs, but those issues have been cleared up and so this official quarterly update should be launching soon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone know how to do a 32b build of Mesa? I may still not grokking the cross file thing with meson cause I get :
    Code:
    meson.build:1030:2: ERROR:  External requires a C compiler, but C is not in the list of project languages

Comment

aforelinked
      Phoronix is slowly becoming an outlet for Michael's deep-seated need to use or create 5-dollar fancy words
      I still remember "defenestrated" article...

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei View Post
        Phoronix is slowly becoming an outlet for Michael's deep-seated need to use or create 5-dollar fancy words
        I use aforelinked all the time... Here's a look at the past 100 (of much more) news articles using it - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...&q=aforelinked
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I for one think it is a wonderful word, and should be used more often.

Michael how about another defenestration benchmark test? which graphics goes the furthest!

Comment

Say what you want about the fancyness of the word 'aforelinked' but Michael sure as hell didn't create it as it was already accepted internet slang back in 2003: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=aforelinked

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
              Does anyone know how to do a 32b build of Mesa? I may still not grokking the cross file thing with meson cause I get :
              Code:
              meson.build:1030:2: ERROR: External requires a C compiler, but C is not in the list of project languages
              Since a lot of stuff around Mesa requires special packages, ones not in the base distribution, such as a later llvm, libdrm, etc. I built a i586 distribution in QEMU and just do all my builds on the VM, then transfer the i586 packages to a local repository on my system. Thus I use the base system to build x86_64 and the QEMU image to build the i586 packages.

There are probably some far more clever ways to do it but I'm not terribly clever and the i586 image is easy and works.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
                I don't know with meson, but with autotools it's very simple:
                Code:
                CFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -march=native -m32" \
                CXXFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -march=native -m32" \
                LDFLAGS="-m32 -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu" \
                PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig LLVM_CONFIG=llvm-config-3.8 \
                ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-llvm
                you must have installed the 32 bit version of any library required (like libdrm or llvm) and the multilib version of gcc/g++

Comment

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

> 6 articles
                  > Ranging 2011 - 2018
                  nice

Comment

Hmm...will Mesa 18.2 land in Fedora 29?

Comment

Working...
                    X