NVIDIA 390.87 Linux Driver Backports That Important Performance Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 390.87 Linux Driver Backports That Important Performance Fix

Phoronix: NVIDIA 390.87 Linux Driver Backports That Important Performance Fix

NVIDIA has today shipped the 390.87 Linux driver as their latest update to the 390 "long-lived" driver series..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. I'm trying to stick to long-lived branches. Luckily, the next major release should be a long-lived one because they seem to alternate.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
      make sure to go ahead and download 390.87
      I think I'll wait for my distro to package it

Comment

Anyone knows how to get tear-free on optimus enabled laptops? Its 2018, its not a default setting, wayland still is not fully ready for prime time :/

Comment

I wouldn't mind a quick look at the comparative performance between 390.87 and 396.54, just chuck a few games at them and see if anything works differently. Perhaps a lot of that work is already done from the 396.51 vs 396.54 article?

Btw, Steam Play listed 396.54 as required... sounds like a challenge.

Comment

I felt the following performance ranking in ascending order (starting from slowest):
            396.51 -> 390.77 -> 390.87 -> 396.54.

Comment

Don't they have regression tests that would've caught this? That's what I want to know.

Comment

NVIDIA don't give is shit for Linux. If your computer boots and starts Xorg correctly every morning, just be happy.

Comment

Working...
                X