Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz 0.8 Has Been Branched

Phoronix: Compiz 0.8 Has Been Branched

Compiz 0.7 was released back in February and since then we've seen a series of minor updates. Now though we may have Compiz 0.8 to look forward to in the near future. Kristian Lyngstol has announced on the Compiz mailing list that version 0.8 of Compiz has been branched...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if Compiz Fusion a project like MPlayer that will never reach 1.0?

I have the feeling that there can be made updates to Compiz forever because cooler and cooler things occur

Comment

Will this branch have the startup speed ups they have planned? google packet buffers (I don't remember the exact name)?

Comment

I really hope this is a true attempt at removing all the bugs. It's the only thing that has bothered me about CF since I started using it two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
          I wonder if Compiz Fusion a project like MPlayer that will never reach 1.0?

I have the feeling that there can be made updates to Compiz forever because cooler and cooler things occur
          Hey, it only took wine a decade.......

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
            Will this branch have the startup speed ups they have planned? google packet buffers (I don't remember the exact name)?
            protocol buffers
            libcompizconfig already has support for it.
            Lets hope that gets into 0.8.x, I doubt compiz will get it though...

Comment

Working...
            X