Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Current Happenings Within LXQt As Of Summer 2018

Phoronix: The Current Happenings Within LXQt As Of Summer 2018

Hong Jen Yee, the developer of the PCMan File Manager that has long served as the default file manager on the LXDE desktop environment, presented at this week's Debian DebConf 18 event about the LXDE/LXQt desktop efforts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are they going to fix glaring awful bugs instead of masturbating their ego?
    Last edited by rmoog; 02 August 2018, 06:00 AM. Reason: I'm not exaggerating...

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      " "good parts" from GTK+ programs like PulseAudio mixer."

Very few gaming and music production people uses buggy and resource hog pulseaudio. QasMixer is Qt based and it is better for any desktop.
      Literally everyone who isn't a Chinese troll spewing the ever same irrational hatred for one person's labor uses PulseAudio.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Literally everyone who isn't a Chinese troll spewing the ever same irrational hatred for one person's labor uses PulseAudio.
        Cut a guy some slack. PulseAudio is good and all but it doesn't fit every scenario. As much as I personally like to use it as a backend for every library under the sun, I can't due to hardware or software limitations depending on particular use case.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          " "good parts" from GTK+ programs like PulseAudio mixer."

Very few gaming and music production people uses buggy and resource hog pulseaudio. QasMixer is Qt based and it is better for any desktop.
          I thought they used JACK?

Comment

I watched the video, it's nice to watch one the creator of this simple DE, I think is going good but as they said the need to improve user experience, I like but need a few things and will be great. I think that's where XFCE wins on this battle the user experience, well thanks to the whisker menu of course. The only downside I watched is that themes on QT and Widgets are less than GTK, even on KDE.
            That is the reason they should bring a great looking by default theme and widget.

Comment

Nice presentation. LXQt already has the best user experience of all linux desktops. Well I haven’t tried all of them, but it’s certainly better than KDE and anything that uses Gtk3. (Not to say that it doesn’t need some improvements.)

I hope lxqt-archiver finds its way into the Gentoo repos as xarchiver is really shitty now that it uses Gtk3.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

don't letting the applications to control the master volume is the biggest pulseaudio limitation
                even out of that, I can't imagine a puleaudio feature I would use that alsa doesn't have already

Comment

Working...
                X