Purism Provides Updates On Their Calls & Messaging Librem 5 Smartphone Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purism Provides Updates On Their Calls & Messaging Librem 5 Smartphone Apps

Phoronix: Purism Provides Updates On Their Calls & Messaging Librem 5 Smartphone Apps

Purism has provided a design update on the state of their planned communication apps for their Librem 5 smartphone, Messages and Calls...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks good, but there is a minor kezboard problem: I can't tzpe the letter "Y"!

Comment

Must be some people who use another language like German where the y and z are switched

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Good catch... It made me laughing a lot...

Comment

"The y key was deprecated, we recommend you use crtl+shift+u 0079 or crtl+shift+u 0058 instead"

Comment

All the mockups look quite nice. Will be interesting to see how much they will be able to implement until the phone launches. But I think, most people are interested in getting a Linux phone respecting the user privacy, so some applications can arrive later if the phone will be delivered :-)

Comment

That's a Qwertz keyboard, keyboard layout for Germany/Austria. They don't have much words that need "y" in German.

Comment

Reminds me of this Amazon review (source):
                Last edited by schmidtbag; 31 July 2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Is that a joke? Half a keyboard for $556? So the full keyboard will be what, $1100?

Comment

I wonder how it feels as a programmer to build someone else's dream.

Like, the pass off this shitty design to you and you have to turn it into an actual product with little leigh weigh on the outcome.

And then their "super smart, super big idea brains" "re-design" their super amazing idea into super amazing idea v2 and you have to undo and redo shit.

I wonder if that's why these sorts of efforts DONT WORK.

Comment

Working...
                    X