Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 Gets Extra Two Weeks Of Development Time

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 Gets Extra Two Weeks Of Development Time

Serving as the Mesa 18.2 release manager is Andres Gomez of Igalia. He's now pushed back the release plan by two weeks, although Mesa 18.2.0 still should end up shipping in August...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I personally have major issues with Mesa 18.2 and the new 4.18-rc kernels. Independent issues, both just all the new stuff is giving me problems on my RX 480.

Finding my sweet spot to be Mesa 18.1.3 and the latest Linux 4.17.7 at the moment. Vulkan, OpenCL, everything working great. No reason to upgrade, right? Either way, this is teaching me great discipline and patience to leave all well alone.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
      I personally have major issues with Mesa 18.2 and the new 4.18-rc kernels. Independent issues, both just all the new stuff is giving me problems on my RX 480.

Finding my sweet spot to be Mesa 18.1.3 and the latest Linux 4.17.7 at the moment. Vulkan, OpenCL, everything working great. No reason to upgrade, right? Either way, this is teaching me great discipline and patience to leave all well alone.
      Do you have bug reports for those issues?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Do you have bug reports for those issues?
        Asking the right question. I haven't yet, but I will soon. It is my duty.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

I own a RX480 as well, so it would be nice to know at least what your issues are. I use Mesa-git with Linux 4.17 and it works mostly well. Just experienced random crashes again on the last week's, what I didn't see before and xorg 1.20 has done issues with full screen Vulkan Apps on Plasma Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

I own a RX480 as well, so it would be nice to know at least what your issues are. I use Mesa-git with Linux 4.17 and it works mostly well. Just experienced random crashes again on the last week's, what I didn't see before and xorg 1.20 has done issues with full screen Vulkan Apps on Plasma Wayland.
            I couldn't even get the system to boot to desktop on either setup. A quick change from 4.18 -> 4.17 and 18.2 -> 18.1.3 worked in both scenarios. So I'm not sure what was particularly unique for my setup. Running Ubuntu 18.04 GNOME

Comment

Working...
            X