Linux 4.18-rc5 Kernel Released: Regressions Continue To Be Tackled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.18-rc5 Kernel Released: Regressions Continue To Be Tackled

Phoronix: Linux 4.18-rc5 Kernel Released: Regressions Continue To Be Tackled

The fifth weekly release candidate for the Linux 4.18 kernel is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We'll I've been getting unexpected hung machine on fedora 28 with recent 4.17 kennels. I moved to 4.18rc4-0.1git built for fc29, and no more hung machine. Chrome was the only memory intensive app used.

Comment

Originally posted by dbont View Post
      We'll I've been getting unexpected hung machine on fedora 28 with recent 4.17 kennels. I moved to 4.18rc4-0.1git built for fc29, and no more hung machine.
      Same experience here. I used an updated live image of F28 yesterday and it hung twice right when the installer got to 100%. I ended up using nomodeset thinking it was an AMDGPU thing, and I got past the install. Re-enabled AMDGPU and it was fine for a while up until another random hang. Used the latest Rawhidenodebug kernel and didn't notice any other hangs.

Comment

Originally posted by dbont View Post
        We'll I've been getting unexpected hung machine on fedora 28 with recent 4.17 kennels. I moved to 4.18rc4-0.1git built for fc29, and no more hung machine. Chrome was the only memory intensive app used.
        Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
        Same experience here. I used an updated live image of F28 yesterday and it hung twice right when the installer got to 100%. I ended up using nomodeset thinking it was an AMDGPU thing, and I got past the install. Re-enabled AMDGPU and it was fine for a while up until another random hang. Used the latest Rawhidenodebug kernel and didn't notice any other hangs.
        Problem was introduced in 4.17.4, has been identified and will be corrected in 4.17.7

Comment

Still segfaulting with Plasma Wayland session and amdgpu / DisplayPort.

Comment

Working...
          X