Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vega 20 Support Added To RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver

Phoronix: Vega 20 Support Added To RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver

With the upcoming Linux 4.18 kernel release due out in August there is the AMDGPU kernel driver support for Vega 20, the yet-to-be-released Vega GPU said to be the 7nm part launching later this year in Radeon Instinct products and featuring 32GB of HBM2 and adding some new deep learning instructions. Now the RadeonSI Gallium3D user-space driver for OpenGL within Mesa has Vega 20 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    we aren't necesarily going to see

Comment

This is wonderful news <3 Hardware support for yet-to-be released hardware... simply amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoog View Post
        Hardware support for yet-to-be released hardware...
        I'm surprised, because it was said that this card would primarily target machine learning and therefore professional customers. Mesa/radeonsi is rather targeting the consumer part of their customer base. Vega 20 might get more interesting than I've thought...

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post

I'm surprised, because it was said that this card would primarily target machine learning and therefore professional customers. Mesa/radeonsi is rather targeting the consumer part of their customer base. Vega 20 might get more interesting than I've thought...
          I wonder if AMD is going to come out with a <130W TDP version of Vega. My interest in such parameters is backed in the fact that I'm using fully passively cooled components in my desktops

Comment

I know how much data needs to fit in graphics RAM, I understand, but even though I understand it I am just blown away that it's technically possible to accomplish. Phenomenal. Just astounding. Damn I'm feeling old.

EDIT: What I'm astounded by is that these logic gates are starting to get very near the size of individual molecules. Very soon it's not gonna be possible to print logic gates, they'll have to be molecularly assembled and then very precisely deposited. I don't know how far along they are, but I think Intel is further than AMD is due to their involvement with integrated fiber optics.
            Last edited by duby229; 26 July 2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X