Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.17.1 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.17.1 Kernel Released

For those that prefer waiting until the first point release of a new kernel series before upgrading, Linux 4.17.1 is out today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wait for it to arrive in Tumbleweed which is stopped at 4.16. I think we will have to wait as I think there is some problem, the Tumbleweed snapshots are going slow.

Comment

Ukuu prompted my to upgrade yesterday

now for neon to upgrade it's packages so I can get the latest kde shinies too

Comment

I have to say kernel 4.17.0 has worked amazingly well for me. I often try kernels as soon as they're released just for the fun of checking them out, but almost always have to switch back to the previous kernel until at least two releases later. But 4.17 worked from the git-go. Everything from GPUs, to jack2 and ladish, to a complex KVM system with a separate GPU and other passthrough components, have worked flawlessly. I switched from Ubuntu to Manjaro awhile ago and everything generally works much better anyway, but this kernel release really seems to have hit things out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
          I switched from Ubuntu to Manjaro awhile ago and everything generally works much better anyway

Comment

Working...
          X