Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Connect 1.3 Gets An Extension For GNOME's Nautilus

Phoronix: KDE Connect 1.3 Gets An Extension For GNOME's Nautilus

KDE Connect is the nifty KDE project providing allowing communication between your Linux desktop computer and your Android smartphone/tablet via a secure communication protocol. KDE Connect 1.3 is now the latest feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is what differentiates the KDE community from the GNOME one. Where KDE extends olive branches (compatibility), GNOME cuts them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
      This is what differentiates the KDE community from the GNOME one. Where KDE extends olive branches (compatibility), GNOME cuts them off.
      Cool, It's nice to meet KDE devs, how long have you been contributing for?

Comment

Actually, there is a gnome implementation of kdeconnect, and it works fairly well.

KDE Connect implementation for GNOME. Contribute to GSConnect/gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Would be nicer to have this work on Windows too, or a browser extension maybe (so it can work with whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Would be nicer to have this work on Windows too, or a browser extension maybe (so it can work with whatever).
            Hahaha, why should we give out our killer features to Windows? Windows 10 already has something similar though.
            Maybe if they gave native and official support for full MS office on Linux I would consider. (I am fine with LibreOffice but many keep repeating the MS Office is not on Linux mantra). Bonus points if they free MS office with a GPL-alike licence.

On the other hand I wonder if it does or will soon work with i3wm. Kdeconnect-cli was clunky for me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post
              Hahaha, why should we give out our killer features to Windows?
              You seriously think people choose Linux over Windows because on Linux they can use KDE Connect?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                You seriously think people choose Linux over Windows because on Linux they can use KDE Connect?
                No, but I have seen a couple that stayed on Linux partly because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post
                  No, but I have seen a couple that stayed on Linux partly because of it.
                  I won't be mourning over the loss of such types of userbase.

Comment

Originally posted by cygn View Post
                    Actually, there is a gnome implementation of kdeconnect, and it works fairly well.

https://github.com/andyholmes/gnome-...sion-gsconnect
                    It's an implementation for Gnome, not by Gnome. Don't hold you breath to see upstream Gnome supporting that protocol directly.

Comment

Working...
                    X