Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everspace Is Officially Coming To Linux Soon

Phoronix: Everspace Is Officially Coming To Linux Soon

The Everspace single-player 3D space shooter game has unofficially been available for Linux the past few months but the official Linux release is finally right around the corner...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome - I was planning on getting this game anyway and I had no idea they were planning a Linux release. I'll definitely have to get it once it's released.

Comment

Great, hopefully GOG release is coming now.

Comment

I knew about this already, but I'm surprised no mention of Vulkan support since ue4.18 has Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Awesome - I was planning on getting this game anyway and I had no idea they were planning a Linux release. I'll definitely have to get it once it's released.
          It actually works already on Linux. If you buy it now, it will show available in Linux and it installs. I've been playing it for a few months. The game is fun...though, but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post

It actually works already on Linux. If you buy it now, it will show available in Linux and it installs.
            Not on GOG though, since they are waiting for the official release.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Not on GOG though, since they are waiting for the official release.
              True. I assumed he was referring to Steam. I forgot this is also available on GOG to which he might be thinking/referring. Here is to hoping that it will be made available there as well for Linux.

Comment

I would not download a free version on torrents because I'm too moral, but if I did I'd probably find out that only the windows/mac versions are available wondering when the Linux version appears.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  I would not download a free version on torrents because I'm too moral, but if I did I'd probably find out that only the windows/mac versions are available wondering when the Linux version appears.
                  Hopefully never, the more folk that buy this game for Linux the better

Comment

Looks like what I imagine Descent 2018 should look like. Looks super hawt, I won't be able to pass this up if the gameplay is as exciting as the trailer.

Comment

Working...
                    X