Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGLStreams For XWayland Gets Updated

Phoronix: EGLStreams For XWayland Gets Updated

While we are past the first release candidate on the X.Org Server 1.20 release, one of the patch series still being wrangled for this update by release manager Adam Jackson is EGLStreams support for XWayland, benefiting the NVIDIA Linux driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After years of Nvidia yesterday I received my new AMD graphics card, my desktop can now run without a wayland problem. I'm writing from Tumbleweed Kde Wayland ... all right. Bye-bye Nvidia !!!

Comment

KHR extensions are something WIP, to make wayland not depend on EGL too

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
        After years of Nvidia yesterday I received my new AMD graphics card, my desktop can now run without a wayland problem. I'm writing from Tumbleweed Kde Wayland ... all right. Bye-bye Nvidia !!!
        I still can't run Wayland with my fairly modern 2015 Intel Celeron 7310. So things outside of nVidia land aren't always better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I still can't run Wayland with my fairly modern 2015 Intel Celeron 7310. So things outside of nVidia land aren't always better.
          I can only say that my notebook Amd has no problems with Wayland, now my workstation works well.
          I'm not a fan of any company, but I was sick of the proprietary drivers and the Nouveau buggy. I like Tumbleweed, but with Nvidia it's a disaster, I had a cheap Nvidia graphics card and I substitute it with a cheap Amd and I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
          X