Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Out Google's Machine Learning Ads

Phoronix: Trying Out Google's Machine Learning Ads

Google's "Auto Ads" now make use of machine learning for the placement and selection of ads on the site...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If it is true Machine Learning Ads, will there no longer be Microsoft ads on site devoted to Open Source?

Comment

Originally posted by Yndoendo View Post
      If it is true Machine Learning Ads, will there no longer be Microsoft ads on site devoted to Open Source?
      We'll see, curious how it's going to work out and what it comes up with.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Unfortunately it breaks page layout. The "About author" section is an example. The commercial is between the header and the actual description.

Comment

Originally posted by doru View Post
          Unfortunately it breaks page layout. The "About author" section is an example. The commercial is between the header and the actual description.
          Have a screenshot? Haven't seen this myself yet.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Phoronix.com was offline with CloudFlare complaining that it was non-responsive earlier today. I'm guessing that enabling this feature was the cause.

Comment

Hmm. Weird.

I'm getting an ad suggesting that I should support all attempts made to replace people with AI in high up government positions.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post
                Phoronix.com was offline with CloudFlare complaining that it was non-responsive earlier today. I'm guessing that enabling this feature was the cause.
                Hmm strange. No, should be unrelated and wasn't aware of any downtime. This Auto Ads is just a few lines of JS.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

I never click on ads, I mean if they offered 3d printer filaments and other related stuff I'd be interested, but their trying to sell me a car, insurance or something all the time! or lately the military recruitment nonsense.

ALSO be aware there are many JAVA script malicious ads coming out of the woodworks now that inject mining code etc... very nasty.
                  Last edited by theriddick; 21 February 2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    I never click on ads, I mean if they offered 3d printer filaments and other related stuff I'd be interested, but their trying to sell me a car, insurance or something all the time! or lately the military recruitment nonsense.

ALSO be aware there are many JAVA script malicious ads coming out of the woodworks now that inject mining code etc... very nasty.
                    You don't have to click on any ads, you just have to let the ads load so Micheal can get credit for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X