Libdrm 2.4.90 Released With Meson Build System, AMDGPU & Intel Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libdrm 2.4.90 Released With Meson Build System, AMDGPU & Intel Improvements

Phoronix: Libdrm 2.4.90 Released With Meson Build System, AMDGPU & Intel Improvements

Marek Olšák on Saturday released the big libdrm 2.4.90 DRM library update that sits between Mesa and other GPU user-space components and the kernel's Direct Rendering Manager code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    In recent years Debian had gone down hill with software from redhat and canonical and I am so close to change a distribution.
    keep us posted
    However 50 000 software packages keeps me in this train that has a direction to buggy software hell.
    that shouldn't stop you, you could manually build yourself not just kernel

Comment

Not interested to compile whole OS and all applications like many others are not. There is no sense that end users compile everything, building Mesa and all related libraries takes an hour, see build logs: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archiv...vers/+packages
      few years more and you will learn that building kernels makes no more sense than building mesa

Comment

If it's not in a ppa then debianxfce can't use it.

Comment

Finally some release, when Oibaf ppa updates libdrm constantly, Debian after point releases with a long delay. Thanks again for a canonical mesa maintainer. https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libdrm

I got a great new year 2018 present from canonical, Oibaf ppa stopped working and Debian testing/sid mesa 17.3.3 uses software rendering with the amdgpu driver. It is sad that wine-staging does not have a future insight. In recent years Debian had gone down hill with software from redhat and canonical and I am so close to change a distribution. However 50 000 software packages keeps me in this train that has a direction to buggy software hell.
          Please try again my bionic PPA on Debian testing/sid, it may work now...

Comment

Building 64-bit and 32-bit Mesa libraries is not easy and more practical is to let some one else to build it.
            so, commodore programming isn't helping you?
            Debug kernels are slow
            install non-debug kernel like me then

Comment

i love building custom kernels. there is so much cruft in there that makes the bugger slow.

Comment

Working...
              X