Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI NIR Backend Now Supports GLSL 4.50

Phoronix: RadeonSI NIR Backend Now Supports GLSL 4.50

The experimental RadeonSI NIR back-end is taking a final step forward for Mesa 18.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would be curious to know what each scored in Piglit

Comment

Does this mean the RadeonSI NIR driver can work with RADV? Cause right now only AMDGPU can use Vulkan, as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Does this mean the RadeonSI NIR driver can work with RADV? Cause right now only AMDGPU can use Vulkan, as far as I know.
        No. RadeonSI is just a Gallium3D OpenGL driver. I assume you are thinking of the older 'Radeon' DRM kernel driver. There has been no work on making RADV work atop Radeon DRM (or for Radeon DRM to adapt to the AMDGPU DRM interfaces... or some short of shim in libdrm...). RadeonSI itself would never implement Vulkan as it's just an OpenGL driver.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No. RadeonSI is just a Gallium3D OpenGL driver. I assume you are thinking of the older 'Radeon' DRM kernel driver. There has been no work on making RADV work atop Radeon DRM (or for Radeon DRM to adapt to the AMDGPU DRM interfaces... or some short of shim in libdrm...). RadeonSI itself would never implement Vulkan as it's just an OpenGL driver.
          So can you use RadeonSI with RADV? Cause as far as I know Vulkan can't work with RadeonSI.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

So can you use RadeonSI with RADV? Cause as far as I know Vulkan can't work with RadeonSI.
            You can only use "RadeonSI with RADV" if meaning having both RadeonSI OpenGL and RADV Vulkan present on the same system, but beyond that, RadeonSI is an OpenGL driver that does not implement Vulkan as that's not its purpose.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I've tried DeusEx:MD and.. it works but NIR eat more ram than should 7.5/8GB of ram + 12.6G of swap, with TGSI IR it uses ~6G of ram + 0 swap in the same scenario. Performance is ruined by swap, but game looks good.
              I've run some wine's game also and Hitman:absolution and Max Paine 3 works as good as for tgsi

Comment

Working...
              X