Ubuntu 17.10.1 ISOs Now Available To Avoid Thrashing Some UEFI Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 17.10.1 ISOs Now Available To Avoid Thrashing Some UEFI Systems

Phoronix: Ubuntu 17.10.1 ISOs Now Available To Avoid Thrashing Some UEFI Systems

Ubuntu 17.10.1 ISOs are now available as well as for most of the *buntu derivatives. The Ubuntu 17.10.1 ISO re-spin is for disabling the SPI kernel driver to avoid messing up select laptops...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The Ubuntu 17.10.1 ISO re-spin is for disabling the SPI kernel driver to avoid messing up select laptops...
    Maybe it is better to wait for a fixed driver rather than a disabled one. But I'm no programmer and I hope 18.04 will not have this issue.
    Vendor: LENOVO
    Version: A2CN23WW(V1.05)
    Release Date: 07/08/2014
    BIOS Revision: 0.23
    Firmware Revision: 1.5
    Last edited by Schugy; 13 January 2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

It took them a month to respin an iso without a driver?
      that’s not even a patch, which takes some testing. I’ve been talking about this for years. BIOS updates should be done inside the BIOS. Hit update, it checks the internet, updates it, done. I don’t have to scramble on a website for the right file.

Comment

was the Packages updated as well as the Kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          was the Packages updated as well as the Kernel?
          Just the kernel but not even full update, i.e. no KPTI for Meltdown fix.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thrashing or Trashing?

Comment

Working...
            X