Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita Digital Painting Program Hits The 4.0 Beta Milestone

Phoronix: Krita Digital Painting Program Hits The 4.0 Beta Milestone

The KDE/Qt-aligned Krita digital painting program has released its first beta release of the major 4.0 update that also marks its string freeze. Now marks the period of bug fixing before shipping Krita 4.0 within a few months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Something wrong with GIMP?

Comment

Nothing wrong with GIMP. Its just that GIMP target application is casual image manipulation while Krita aims at professional digital painters.

Comment

Originally posted by lejeczek View Post
        Something wrong with GIMP?
        Can't you just accept that people sometimes have different priorities and that there is not only one answer to a problem? And its not that Krita is a new project .

Comment

Originally posted by Kavalor View Post

Can't you just accept that people sometimes have different priorities and that there is not only one answer to a problem? And its not that Krita is a new project .
          I definitely agree. The two programs aren't even really direct competitors with each other even if they both are generally in the area of graphics.

Comment

I believe the comparable GTK app would be MyPaint
            MyPaint is an easy-to-use painting program which works well with Wacom graphics tablets and other similar devices. It comes with a large brush collection including charcoal and ink to emulate real media, but the highly configurable brush engine allows you to experiment with your own brushes and with not-quite-natural painting.

Comment

I know the 2 programs are different ... I am not a graphics ... btw GIMP default look and feel is really poor/not organized and not very usable to me (icons too small and difficult to reconnaise for example) to be a graphic program with lots of years on the shoulder looks an hack (or simply shit), they should follow a bit Krita example.
              Don't misunderstand me ... I am very thank full to gimp folks to make it and continue to improve it ... just I don't see the point to improve functionalities without make them more usable. (power is nothing without control

Comment

Ohhh... svg support. Nice. I wonder how good it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bitman View Post
                  Nothing wrong with GIMP. Its just that GIMP target application is casual image manipulation while Krita aims at professional digital painters.
                  Did you see the release announcement? I don't know how functional the old text tool was, but the new one is clearly not aimed at professional digital painters. Unless they are really good at drawing text with the pencil tool, that is.

Comment

They are on good road and i hope they transform Krita as best Photoshop alternative, it is too long that Photoshop has been dominating and now it is time to alternative to arise.

Comment

Working...
                    X