KTechLab Microcontroller/Electronics IDE Ported To KDE4/Qt4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoltanp View Post

Last time when I checked, KiCAD has not been performing simulation, while KTechLab does. Currently it is easier to just port the program forward, than try to (re)implement things. For the future I want some integration, just I do not know any details yet.
    Yeah, kind of see your point. Is there a way to export KTechLab schematics to KiCAD and is KTechLab more like a Pspice/LTspice rather than some EDA like orcad capture/mentor graphics pads/former eaglecad.

Have done my circuit simulations with LTSpiceIV and exporting those schematics to eagle. While that worked, it was quite annoying and now that eaglecad is sold to autodesk, I would not mind seeing good working open source solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
      It would nice if the efforts are instead focused into expanding KiCAD. It's free software and I know everyone works on what they like, but sometimes it's nice to consolidate efforts in niche markets such as this.
      Im not a fan of this approach. The world of micro controllers and embedded electronics needs more app suppport not less. First off there are many niches not filled with free software. Second competition is good.

Competition has done wonders for GCC and the LLVM communities. That along with a renewed interest in C++ standardization and modernization has resulted in two very strong compiler suites.

Comment

Working...
      X