No announcement yet.

Emacs 25.3 Released To Fix A Security Vulnerability Of Malicious Lisp Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emacs 25.3 Released To Fix A Security Vulnerability Of Malicious Lisp Scripts

Phoronix: Emacs 25.3 Released To Fix A Security Vulnerability Of Malicious Lisp Scripts

Emacs 25.3 is now available, but it doesn't offer major new features, rather it fixes a security vulnerability...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Emacs' x-display decoding feature within the Enriched Text mode could lead to executing arbitary malicious Lisp code within the text.

Comment

We're all waiting for the ()-day

Comment

Originally posted by arjan_intel View Post
        We're all waiting for the ()-day
        Yeah, it's like making malware for HURD or something. Who reads email in emacs? Why would you submit yourself to such torture when Alpine is available?

Comment

email is the one thing I've not setup, but for all most other text and code editing, emacs is king -- especially Magit, it's in a class of its own.

Comment

I wonder if they ever make Emacs work with ASLR

Comment

I was about to grumble "how is that no major new features, what about the line-numbers", but now I am confused. I am using ≈1.5 month old emacs from git, and its version claims 26.0, and now 25.3 is out… So, is it completely different version, or did they renamed 26.0 → 25.3?

Comment

> So, is it completely different version, or did they renamed 26.0 → 25.3?

Completely different. 25.3 is from an older branch.

Comment

Finally. I have so many friends that could write Lips using Emacs anymore because of this. /s

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                    I wonder if they ever make Emacs work with ASLR
                    Probably not. Why do you need it?

Sounds like you're having a roof on your house, but still want to water-proof your TV against rain.

Comment

Working...
                    X