Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHP 7.2 Release Candidate Arrives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PHP 7.2 Release Candidate Arrives

    Phoronix: PHP 7.2 Release Candidate Arrives

    PHP 7.2 has matured past the alpha and beta stages and is now out with its first release candidate...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ease-Candidate

  • #2
    fixed yet ?
    https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2015-11/msg01568.html

    Comment


    • #3
      The worse language in the world. Sad that the oldest frameworks were written in PHP, hence cementing it's popularity. Most people who love PHP love Wordpress, they never touch the code.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by garegin View Post
        The worse language in the world. Sad that the oldest frameworks were written in PHP, hence cementing it's popularity. Most people who love PHP love Wordpress, they never touch the code.
        what a load of garbage.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by garegin View Post
          The worse language in the world. Sad that the oldest frameworks were written in PHP, hence cementing it's popularity. Most people who love PHP love Wordpress, they never touch the code.
          Are you even from this world?

          PHP is easy to learn, you can do tons with it and there're a lot of tutorials out there. Why wouldn't anyone learn it?

          Comment


          • #6
            I never said that it's not easy. Just that it's an ugly language. People who set up worldpress blogs don't do any coding beyond changing variable values and copy pasting from google.
            If all you do is type ifconfig /all you wouldn't know how deficient cmd is either.
            My point was that PHP's popularity is not from it's greatness as a language, but the richness of the frameworks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by garegin View Post
              I never said that it's not easy. Just that it's an ugly language. People who set up worldpress blogs don't do any coding beyond changing variable values and copy pasting from google.
              If all you do is type ifconfig /all you wouldn't know how deficient cmd is either.
              My point was that PHP's popularity is not from it's greatness as a language, but the richness of the frameworks.
              what does wordpress have to do with PHP? absolutely nothing. just more garbage.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

                what does wordpress have to do with PHP? absolutely nothing. just more garbage.
                https://wordpress.org/about/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by garegin View Post
                  I know what wordpress is. Again what does it have to do with PHP?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wordpress code is shit, I suspect it was developed long time before PHP had a decent class implementation.
                    PHP is fully suitable for complex project/framework and can be used in elegant way since at least version 6, just look at Magento code and you'll see it is just a language like any others.
                    Then it is all about taste and taste is a very personal thing.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X