Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go 1.9 Adds Type Aliases, Parallel Compilation

Phoronix: Go 1.9 Adds Type Aliases, Parallel Compilation

Version 1.9 of Google's Go programming language is now available for developers...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...o-1.9-Released

And it still can't do a thing that C can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
      And C still can't do a thing that assembly language can't.
      Does this make the flaw in your complaint more apparent?

Comment

Yet it's endlessly more accessible. As a "mere" web developer I was able to pick it up quickly and do things with it that would otherwise almost require a CS degree to do in C.

Comment

Oh, but it can. It can actually deliver faster than an equivalent project written in C.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            It can actually deliver faster than an equivalent project written in C.
            I can actually deliver a C project faster than a Go project because I don't speak Go.

If you are sufficiently fluid in a language, it "will deliver". Go was made for people who don't know C well enough, according to Rob Pike. But I do.

Comment

I can actually deliver a C project faster than a Go project because I don't speak Go.

If you are sufficiently fluid in a language, it "will deliver". Go was made for people who don't know C well enough, according to Rob Pike. But I do.
              Well, then go tell all companies to hire you.

Comment

The good thing with being a C developer is that I don't have to beg for being hired. ;-)

Comment

The good thing with being a C developer is that I don't have to beg for being hired. ;-)
                  And yet, the best you can do is "language X is best because I speak it". To each their own.

Comment

"Language C" is best because it is mature, fast, portable, has a stable API and a giant community.

Comment

Working...
                    X