Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go 1.9 Adds Type Aliases, Parallel Compilation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Go 1.9 Adds Type Aliases, Parallel Compilation

    Phoronix: Go 1.9 Adds Type Aliases, Parallel Compilation

    Version 1.9 of Google's Go programming language is now available for developers...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...o-1.9-Released

  • #2
    And it still can't do a thing that C can't.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
      And C still can't do a thing that assembly language can't.
      Does this make the flaw in your complaint more apparent?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
        And it still can't do a thing that C can't.
        Yet it's endlessly more accessible. As a "mere" web developer I was able to pick it up quickly and do things with it that would otherwise almost require a CS degree to do in C.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
          And it still can't do a thing that C can't.
          Oh, but it can. It can actually deliver faster than an equivalent project written in C.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            It can actually deliver faster than an equivalent project written in C.
            I can actually deliver a C project faster than a Go project because I don't speak Go.

            If you are sufficiently fluid in a language, it "will deliver". Go was made for people who don't know C well enough, according to Rob Pike. But I do.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post

              I can actually deliver a C project faster than a Go project because I don't speak Go.

              If you are sufficiently fluid in a language, it "will deliver". Go was made for people who don't know C well enough, according to Rob Pike. But I do.
              Well, then go tell all companies to hire you.

              Comment


              • #8
                The good thing with being a C developer is that I don't have to beg for being hired. ;-)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
                  The good thing with being a C developer is that I don't have to beg for being hired. ;-)
                  And yet, the best you can do is "language X is best because I speak it". To each their own.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "Language C" is best because it is mature, fast, portable, has a stable API and a giant community.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X