GCC Begins Preparing For C++20 With -std=c++2a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
    From the main compiler list, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compilers#C.2B.2B_compilers , it seem that only Cland and GCC are compliant with C++14 and C++17.
    this list is wrong. msvc does not support even some of c++98 features, but it does support all of c++14 additions.
    Visual Studio 2017 version 15.3 preview is now available, containing an updated Visual C++ toolset (i.e. compiler, linker, and libraries). Like VS 2015’s Updates, we’re adding C++17 features in VS 2017’s Updates, at a similar release frequency. Unlike VS 2015’s Updates (which combined IDE and toolset changes),

Comment

Originally posted by stephen82 View Post
      It took me years to fully understand the basics, let alone to get a rough idea how the rest of the language works.
      maybe you are just not very smart?
      Since C++ is a multi-paradigm language, each new feature added in to the language adds an extra level of complexity on every paradigm it supports and instead of finally paying attention to the newcomer to teach him or her the right way to use the language, based on the case of use, they add more features that confuse the hell out of people, especially the new candidates that want to try "the new, modern C++".
      maybe if you return from alternative reality you will recognize that new features are added to language to make it less confusing and easier to use including for newcomers?
      What I don't like though is that I feel I'm getting bombarded with language improvements at an outrageously fast pace that takes a great amount of time to understand how they work, let alone to digest and have to catch up with freshly graduates that have a spongy brain that absorbs anything in zero time.
      c++ has same size of language spec as c# and java. but you can always switch to brainfuck
      Last edited by pal666; 21 July 2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post
        I'm waiting for an auto considered harmful article.
        you could always write stupid article yourself

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post
          And what a nightmare to think that 5-10 years from now, someone using your code might still be using a compiler with draft C++14 or even draft C++17 features (with bugs or changes in their implementations!). Or worse, Microsoft's compilers are always sluggish with standards. This can and does haunt even smart developers. I reiterate my opinion that 2-3 year standards revisions are too frequent.
          i reiterate my answer, if next c++ release will be c++30, in 2040 some idiot might still use gcc from 2029 with support for just c++14. your idiotic idea will only make matters worse

Comment

I saw some great comments earlier, but I just got dumber reading comments from one of the Phoronix village idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              maybe you are just not very smart?
              maybe if you return from alternative reality you will recognize that new features are added to language to make it less confusing and easier to use including for newcomers?
              c++ has same size of language spec as c# and java. but you can always switch to brainfuck
              This is not the first time you show disrespect to people and play the wise guy by offending them in various forms.

If you want to be a wise guy, feel free and join the club of your peers that behave the same.

If you think this kind of behavior will make people to show you their respect you are fooling yourself.

I hope Michael sees this kind of attitude and take it seriously. If this moron still continues to show disrespect to people this way, let me know Michael so I can unsubscribe.

Last edited by stephen82; 21 July 2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

communism is when you kill 100 million people. Invade half of germany and starve them to death after you starved the ukraine to death. After killing a lot of people because they believe in something stupid you dont agree with. Then use your rich bankers throughout europe to promote communism in conservative liberal societies under neoliberalism and progressivism. Then starve even more people to death while you invade europe and get the french to invade germany as well. Then the germans standing up to it are the bad guys, them telling the truth is nothing but false and racist propaganda. Then america finally helps to rid the nazis once and for all. Then you infiltrate and take over all the media and universities to create an even deeper propaganda that people become self hating cucks that think that anyone stands up for their people, country or even has slight criticism is a racist, sexist shitlord that is antiscience while you believe in 349572348 genders. Oh, does the rabit lair of the white red eyed killer bunny collecting two faced coins go deep.
                Capitalism is when you burn women and children with napalm in Vietnam for trying to fend off American aggression:

Capitalism is friends with oppressive regimes like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain.

Capitalism kills 2 billion people. The USA likes to invade independent countries like Vietnam, Iraq (twice), Germany, Korea, Libya, Ukraine, Syria, Panama, Afghanistan, take away Mexico's lands, Cuba and other countries and starve them to death by proxy terrorism, sanctions and coups.
                Then starve even more people to death while you invade eastern europe, organize the "Maidan" in Ukraine and even get the french to invade germany in the past. Today germans like Schröder are standing up to imperialism and they're the bad guys, them telling the truth is nothing but false and racist propaganda. As time goes on, more germans are standing up to American bullying, like Germany's foreign minister because the USA wants to choke the EU and cut its gas supply from Russia:

"Europe’s energy supply is Europe’s business, not that of the United States of America", Germany’s foreign minister, Sigmar Gabriel.

Then USSR helped to rid the nazis once and for all. Then the CIA infiltrates and takes over all the media and universities to create an even deeper CIA-led propaganda and world-wide spying-grid on everyone that people become self hating cucks that think that anyone stands up for their people, country or even has slight criticism is a racist, sexist shitlord that is antiscience while you believe in 349572348 genders. Oh, does the rabit lair of the white red eyed killer bunny collecting two faced coins go deep.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  Communism is when people eat little children, incest and don't believe in the Great Jesus Christ who saved anyone except non-Christians.
                  Communism is when people restrict Freedoms of others for the sake of protecting them from themselves. God Bless Murrica.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

communism is when you kill 100 million people. Invade half of germany and starve them to death after you starved the ukraine to death. After killing a lot of people because they believe in something stupid you dont agree with. Then use your rich bankers throughout europe to promote communism in conservative liberal societies under neoliberalism and progressivism. Then starve even more people to death while you invade europe and get the french to invade germany as well. Then the germans standing up to it are the bad guys, them telling the truth is nothing but false and racist propaganda. Then america finally helps to rid the nazis once and for all. Then you infiltrate and take over all the media and universities to create an even deeper propaganda that people become self hating cucks that think that anyone stands up for their people, country or even has slight criticism is a racist, sexist shitlord that is antiscience while you believe in 349572348 genders. Oh, does the rabit lair of the white red eyed killer bunny collecting two faced coins go deep.
                    I don't like this alternate reality you live in. I'm glad I don't live in it.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      in c++0x there were no concepts in the standard. in c++20 there are concepts in the standard. every compiler will implement them
                      It was proposed to be added to c++0x. It was officially added to C++17 just like it just was to C++20, but later removed again.

Comment

Working...
                      X