Clang-Based Tool Makes It Easy To Show Inefficient Qt Coding Mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clang-Based Tool Makes It Easy To Show Inefficient Qt Coding Mistakes

Phoronix: Clang-Based Tool Makes It Easy To Show Inefficient Qt Coding Mistakes

Back in 2017 we wrote about the "Clazy" static analyzer for Clang as a way to uncover various coding shortcomings for KDE/Qt programs. Since then, Clazy has become much more capable...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Slow-Mistakes

IN B4 APOSTROPHE GUY!!

"Back in 2017 we wrote about the "Clazy" static analyzer for Clang"

Think about the "2017" for a second.
    Then replace with "2015".

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
      IN B4 APOSTROPHE GUY!!

"Back in 2017 we wrote about the "Clazy" static analyzer for Clang"

Think about the "2017" for a second.
      Then replace with "2015".
      Heh thanks, fixed.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hope to see this for GTK too.

Comment

I never catch number typos. Though I was kind of confused after reading "2017".

Also, why is GCC unsuitable for this kind of projects? Why Clang? (If it causes havoc, I'm sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Also, why is GCC unsuitable for this kind of projects? Why Clang? (If it causes havoc, I'm sorry)
            i was wonderin the same thing why cant it be done with gcc. GCC doesnt have the infra probably?

Comment

I usually read that clang outputs better information to help coding/debugging. That might have been years ago though.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

I usually read that clang outputs better information to help coding/debugging. That might have been years ago though.
                Afaik this was improved years ago.

Comment

LLVM compiler plugins are a huge incentive for language tool authors to use LLVM. GCC has always been hostile towards compiler plugins due to fears over the possibility of proprietary compiler plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post

LLVM compiler plugins are a huge incentive for language tool authors to use LLVM. GCC has always been hostile towards compiler plugins due to fears over the possibility of proprietary compiler plugins.
                    https://lwn.net/Articles/629259/
                    GNU is to blame for making GCC less relevant.. The fear of proprietary software consumed Stallman and turned him to the dark side.

Comment

Working...
                    X