Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remacs: Re-Implementing Emacs In Rust

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Remacs: Re-Implementing Emacs In Rust

    Phoronix: Remacs: Re-Implementing Emacs In Rust

    For those looking at other new uses for the Rust programming language, there is now a Rust implementation of the popular Emacs editor...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...acs-Rust-Emacs

  • #2
    Reinventing the wheel in Rust became a real popular sport lately ...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
      Reinventing the wheel in Rust became a real popular sport lately ...
      Reinventing and reimplementing are different things.
      Keep in mind that Rust brings true memory safety (more than you'll ever get in Java or Python) and great opportunities for aggresive optimization by the compiler, even compared to C.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
        Reinventing the wheel in Rust became a real popular sport lately ...
        Hey, if they're having fun...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

          Hey, if they're having fun...
          damn straight. if nothing else they are learning a lot

          Comment


          • #6
            I wish I had time to waste on projects like this..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cen1 View Post
              I wish I had time to waste on projects like this..
              Well then get to work on a project like this and stop posting on this forum :P see? that was easy.
              Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 12 January 2017, 03:08 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'd rather have a girlfriend/wife than ebb away my life on a project that isn't lacking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

                  Well then get to work on a project like this and stop posting on this forum :P see? that was easy.
                  My point was that time could be used to work on more important projects instead of re-implementing Rust in emacs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cen1 View Post

                    My point was that time could be used to work on more important projects instead of re-implementing Rust in emacs.
                    Maybe writing Emacs in Rust is the most important project for the person who did it.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X