LLVM Founder, Swift Creator Chris Lattner Is Leaving Apple: Joins Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Same can be said for Linux kernel mailing lists, but I don't see this high turnover.
    Which indicates things are at a much worse level than the Linux kernel mailing list. Heck, people participate in the LKM for free.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I doubt Jobs hunted down each engineer at Apple making individual mistakes. It was like: http://www.businessinsider.com/steve...failure-2011-5
      Language aside, I think that's the most efficient way to point out the elephant in the room.
      Specially in the 1980s he became infamous for chewing out individual engineers and I doubt he ever completely stopped doing that. It's not hard to find people who will still get teary eyed when the subject of the time they personally got chewed out by Jobs.

Seriously thou, it's one thing to properly discuss failures and talk about the failure in a more in-dept way and another to completely lose your temper and start yelling at people because they made a mistake or their work wasn't up to your expectations. The former is constructive and can easily be used as basis for meaningful improvements while the latter is just chaos where any potential improvement comes from people quitting or being scared into improving their work.
      Last edited by L_A_G; 11 January 2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        Which indicates things are at a much worse level than the Linux kernel mailing list. Heck, people participate in the LKM for free.
        "much worse than LKM"? That's truly scary shit.

Comment

It's a new world. I think we should want the opposite of an insane amount of cables and wires sticking out of our tablets. Maybe of devices were made for the smart connecter, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

When did I ever mention Cook? He's the best thing that ever happened to Apple, slowly driving it to the ground, not alone obviously, but I couldn't ask for anything better. As for other good engineers, their software sure as shit doesn't show it, and neither does their hardware for the record.
            Actually their software does show its quality. I've used linux extensively and can say without qualification that Apple has more reliable systems software and far less WTF software engineering. As for hardware I think you missed my point about the market rapidly changing, demand for traditional desktop hardware is near zero thus nobody focusing on it to any extent. The few people interested in the desktop world though are awfully angry at Apple for not delivering new desktop hardware on their schedule. The days of new hardware systems every 6 months for the desktop is gone, some just don't get this.
            And besides, I don't think it was a tough choice to choose between working for one of the most moronic companies on the planet or working for Tesla, one of the few companies that are actually trying to make some sliver of a difference in the world. Apple used to be that, but that time passed before we could even say "2000!". Power to him for taking the leap.
            Tesla is hardly doing the world a favor. Tesla, like all companies is out thee to exploit the market place. Frankly I will think a lot more positive about Tesla when their cars don't require a house mortgage to buy.

Comment

You nearly got me, but the last sentence shows you're a umm... very strong Apple supporter.
              Actually that line is pretty much the truth. I've actually have spent time looking for something better than an iPad and frankly there isn't such a tablet in existence.

Comment

Originally posted by labyrinth153 View Post
                It's a new world. I think we should want the opposite of an insane amount of cables and wires sticking out of our tablets. Maybe of devices were made for the smart connecter, eh?
                Did Apple invent some kind of fucking-high-bandwith wireless interface? no. Then it lacks connectivity, then it's not significantly better than a normal iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                  Actually that line is pretty much the truth. I've actually have spent time looking for something better than an iPad and frankly there isn't such a tablet in existence.
                  please state your definition for "better than an iPad"

Because I'd buy a Surface if I was looking for a high-end tablet, not a iPad with bigger screen.

Comment

MS-worshipping is second-worst thing to satanism.
                    What is wrong with satanism? Or at least worse than the competing superstitions?

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                      What is wrong with satanism? Or at least worse than the competing superstitions?
                      It's a second-grade superstition, made by people that want to be different from first-grade superstitions, but without actually recognizing that their shitty second-grade superstition isn't actually much better than the first-grade superstition they hate so much.

They also worship an evil deity and their dress code sucks.

I could have taken Pastafarians https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster too as they do nearly fit the bill, but Satan = Evil = MS so they are third in this scale (it's just a bullshit deity, not a evil one, all else is equal).

Comment

Working...
                      X