LLVM Founder, Swift Creator Chris Lattner Is Leaving Apple: Joins Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post

Windows fanbois are retarded. Ignore them.
    fixed

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

Actually that line is pretty much the truth. I've actually have spent time looking for something better than an iPad and frankly there isn't such a tablet in existence.
      I find I can get all of my work done on it. Netmeeting, ssh, and general purpose office work. It also has nearly desktop class performance. Maybe the new google tablet could compete, I've never tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
        You probably think that Linux is at 1% because of it's superiority. Windows shits on Linux from every position. It's not funny. As a toy OS Linux does well but let's not compare it to the big boys.
        Please redo the calcs with server, embedded, and HPC numbers too as 1% is just on desktop.

You can ignore the whole mobile area to leave out Android as it's a very special kind of "linux", also for the sake of not skewing hard the data because that's like 2 billion devices right there.

Comment

Originally posted by labyrinth153 View Post
          I find I can get all of my work done on it. Netmeeting, ssh, and general purpose office work. It also has nearly desktop class performance. Maybe the new google tablet could compete, I've never tried it.
          FYI: also my smartphone (quadcore ARM, 1 GiB ram) is able to deal with the above without issues. Sure it has a 5'' screen because it is a phone (can wireless screen to a miracast-to-hdmi dongle if I need it to), but it's not like tablets use much different SoCs anyway.

Comment

Hey, I'm not saying it's some kind of apple magic. It's just really fast tablet, with a nice screen and speakers. I am just glad it runs iOS which is the only interface I don't completely hate.

Comment

Hey, I'm not saying it's some kind of apple magic. It's just really fast tablet, with a nice screen and speakers. I am just glad it runs iOS which is the only interface I don't completely hate.
              And I'm just saying that it is just a highly overpriced tablet with a mobile OS running mobile apps, while stuff like the Surface or a windows tablet with decent specs can actually run normal PC applications too and with good performance for office, so your claims should be a bit more towards "I like my iPad pro very much because it fits me" than "As for mobiles, there isn't any device as good as an iPad Pro".

It is sure a foray to get more users off macOS and on iOS, and I appreciate that because iOS is plain better than macOS for like 99% of things people do on Macs, but let's not claim bs.
              Last edited by starshipeleven; 14 January 2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

I can say whatever the heck I want and you can't do anything about it

Comment

I can say whatever the heck I want and you can't do anything about it
                  Same for me, same for me.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    It's a second-grade superstition, made by people that want to be different from first-grade superstitions, but without actually recognizing that their shitty second-grade superstition isn't actually much better than the first-grade superstition they hate so much.
                    By that definition, almost any modern-day religion is a second-grade superstition because they all include elements that have no other purpose than making them different from the other religions.

Take for example (Roman) Catholicism, which aimed to differentiate from Judaism by moving the public holiday from Saturday (Sabbath) to Sunday. This was even adopted by most of the evangelicals.

Comment

Working...
                    X