GCC 7 Getting Closer To Release, But Running Behind On Regressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 7 Getting Closer To Release, But Running Behind On Regressions

Phoronix: GCC 7 Getting Closer To Release, But Running Behind On Regressions

Jakub Jelinek of Red Hat has provided the latest status report concerning the state of the GNU Compiler Collection 7 code compiler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GCC 6 is not even stable yet on Gentoo. https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=582084

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
      GCC 6 is not even stable yet on Gentoo. https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=582084
      GCC, like many other open-source projects as of the past few years, have decided that their major version number should not be so important anymore. GCC 6 seems to be a very forgettable major version in general. Some distros plan to skip it.

Comment

It's 2017 and it still doesn't have Windows x64 support. It's getting hilarious. Software racism at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post

GCC, like many other open-source projects as of the past few years, have decided that their major version number should not be so important anymore. GCC 6 seems to be a very forgettable major version in general. Some distros plan to skip it.
          A lot of bugs are C++11 related. skipping GCC-6 wont matter if upstream dont fix their code.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            It's 2017 and it still doesn't have Windows x64 support. It's getting hilarious. Software racism at its finest.
            does GCC support windows at all? You can have both 32/64 bit with cygwin?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              I compile Windows x64 versions of our software with GCC on every release without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

I compile Windows x64 versions of our software with GCC on every release without problems.
                Confirmed. I also can do this via the GCC amd64 package in MSYS2.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                  That's because it highlighted a lot of bugs in other software. gcc 6 is a very good release imho. Also works like a charm on windows 64 bit, I don't see what the fuss is about.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post

That's because it highlighted a lot of bugs in other software. gcc 6 is a very good release imho. Also works like a charm on windows 64 bit, I don't see what the fuss is about.
                    Whats the point of quoting my post and then repeating what i just said in another post?

Comment

Working...
                    X