Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python 3.6 Released With Async Generators/Comprehensions

Phoronix: Python 3.6 Released With Async Generators/Comprehensions

Python 3.6 is now officially available...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...n-3.6-Released

Nice, I have looked forward to the new r-strings, like r"My name is {name}, I am {age} old". Same thing is available in other languages such as C# and JavaScript.
    It is nicer than string.format() and do things like "My name is {}, I am {} old".format(name, age);

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Nice, I have looked forward to the new r-strings, like r"My name is {name}, I am {age} old". Same thing is available in other languages such as C# and JavaScript.
      It is nicer than string.format() and do things like "My name is {}, I am {} old".format(name, age);
      You mean 'f-strings', 'r-strings' have existed forever. They're used to escape control characters line "\n", generally in strings for regex.

Comment

There's still quite a lot of packages holding out on Python 2.7, will they switch before Python 3.7? Python 2.7.0 was released on July 3rd, 2010.

Comment

All this incompatibility between Python2 and Python3, for no apparent reason making me tired of Python. Trying to support packages for both 2 and 3 is a mess and most of the backwards incompatible changes to Python3 makes no sense at all (for example the previously nice map/imap, zip/izip separation gone). New strings is a mess too, maybe nice for some rare presentation layer case but scripts "out there" is decoding everything without a clue. Why are you doing this to us?

The field is wide open for others to take Python's spot (especially scientific).

Comment

Working...
          X