GCC 6.2/7.0 vs. LLVM Clang 3.9/4.0 SVN Compiler Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slacka View Post

There's no conspiracy here to hide options. There are no specific LLVM, clang, or gccc options. PST uses the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to benchmark and lists them in the chart. It's all open source, you can see for yourself if you download the code.
    Then why do all the charts and graphs say otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

My only ARMv8 system worthwhile for benchmarking is the Jetson TX1. Next time I power it on I will, which I plan to do in the next few weeks.
      That is surprising, given that you benchmarked the Raspberry Pi 3 before.
      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And nowadays it is easy to install 64 bit distros on it, unlike in the early months.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
        That is surprising, given that you benchmarked the Raspberry Pi 3 before.
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And nowadays it is easy to install 64 bit distros on it, unlike in the early months.
        Running bunch of compiler benchmarks on the RPi3? Nope, I'm not that crazy, I only consider the Jetson TX1 to be good enough for serious compiler benchmarking with faster speeds, more RAM, and much better I/O.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          On page 1, 2 and most of 4 loses even to Clang 3. Really, stop protecting it as if it was your first born.
          There were no benchmarks on page 1. And Clang was clearly the winner on page 3. Page 4 was a toss up. God you GNU zealots are so pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post

That would be really cool. Haven't seen any alternate architecture benchmarks in a while
            I have to agree. Very interested in anything ARM related.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Running bunch of compiler benchmarks on the RPi3? Nope, I'm not that crazy, I only consider the Jetson TX1 to be good enough for serious compiler benchmarking with faster speeds, more RAM, and much better I/O.
              Which brings up an interesting question; is there anything hardware wise, that you have heard about, with a respectable ARM implementation? Hopefully hardware suitable for mere mortals.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
                Clang was clearly the winner on page 3.
                Never said anything about page 3.

Page 4 was a toss up.
                a toss up where it loses 2 times and goes even one time, let's not twist reality.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                  now the BSD distro change to llvm they have a worst performance c compiler lol
                  FreeBSD 11 uses llvm 3.8.
                  Michael didn't test llvm 3.8 on FreeBSD 11.

Comment

Clang is certainly better than having GCC 4.2.1 for a compiler.. /sardonic mode off.

It works and it's improving.

Comment

Working...
                    X