Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java JDK 9 Firmed Up For A Late July Release

Phoronix: Java JDK 9 Firmed Up For A Late July Release

The JDK 9 release schedule is indeed being pushed back by four months and now will be released in late July...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, somehow I am happy to hear that, even if I don't currently use Java.

Comment

Let us to vote if it will raise or reduce quality of Java programmes..

Veracode reveals 97 percent of Java applications contain at least one security vulnerability

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post

Veracode reveals 97 percent of Java applications contain at least one security vulnerability
        http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/soft...BKrpmMOMfHz.99
        Yeah, because things written in C/C++ tend to be so bug-free.

On another note, I use Java every day and I still can't follow its development since Oracle took over. According to this http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/ Java 9 is feature complete since May. And now they figure Jigsaw needs 3 months additional time? What kind of crappy code get checked in over there? Fwiw, they did this immediately after taking over from Sun, too. Java 7 was supposedly feature complete (with Jigsaw included), but Oracle announced a delay because the code was "not up to standards" and after delaying it a couple of time, they decided Java 7 will proceed without Project Jigsaw which will come with Java 8. Obviously that didn't pan out either.

Comment

That's because of other reasons, like the fact that java applications are made with like half the time you would need to make a decent job, or that the programmer is VERY new to programming because java is "easy".

Comment

It's crucial to get Jigsaw right, so I'm happy to have it delayed.

Jigsaw will set the standard for how all future JVM libraries will work with each other. You don't want mistakes here.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
              It's crucial to get Jigsaw right, so I'm happy to have it delayed.

Jigsaw will set the standard for how all future JVM libraries will work with each other. You don't want mistakes here.
              Actually, at this point I don't really know what the point of project Jigsaw is. Nobody needs that level of application modularity (otherwise OSGI would have taken off) and in the JDK/JRE I still don't know what it will improve.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                ...Java 7 was supposedly feature complete (with Jigsaw included), but Oracle announced a delay because the code was "not up to standards" and after delaying it a couple of time, they decided Java 7 will proceed without Project Jigsaw which will come with Java 8. Obviously that didn't pan out either.
                Jigsaw sounds like Mir

Comment

Sorry, but has anyone read this piece of writing?
                  What a crappy bullshit article.
                  Here's my highlight:

Originally posted by CrapArticle
                  The prevalent use of open source components in software development is creating unmanaged, systemic risks across companies and industries,
                  Anyway, glad to hear that Java 9 will finally arrive...

Comment

theghost

Sorry, but has anyone read this piece of writing?
                    What a crappy bullshit article
                    Here's my highlight:
                    I know other part of the paper and I disagree to that part as well as European Union

Study: ‘Open source coders more aware of security’
                    Submitted by Gijs Hillenius on October 14, 2016
                    European institutions should use available security tools more often Developers of open source software are generally more aware of code security issues than developers working for the European institutions, according to a study conducted on behalf of the European Commission and European Parliament. Developers working for the European institutions have more tools available for management and testing of code security, but using them is not yet standard practice.

Comment

Working...
                    X