Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Java JDK 9 Firmed Up For A Late July Release

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Java JDK 9 Firmed Up For A Late July Release

    Phoronix: Java JDK 9 Firmed Up For A Late July Release

    The JDK 9 release schedule is indeed being pushed back by four months and now will be released in late July...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...lease-Schedule

  • #2
    Well, somehow I am happy to hear that, even if I don't currently use Java.

    Comment


    • #3
      Let us to vote if it will raise or reduce quality of Java programmes..

      Veracode reveals 97 percent of Java applications contain at least one security vulnerability
      http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/soft...BKrpmMOMfHz.99

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
        Let us to vote if it will raise or reduce quality of Java programmes..

        Veracode reveals 97 percent of Java applications contain at least one security vulnerability
        http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/soft...BKrpmMOMfHz.99
        Yeah, because things written in C/C++ tend to be so bug-free.

        On another note, I use Java every day and I still can't follow its development since Oracle took over. According to this http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/ Java 9 is feature complete since May. And now they figure Jigsaw needs 3 months additional time? What kind of crappy code get checked in over there? Fwiw, they did this immediately after taking over from Sun, too. Java 7 was supposedly feature complete (with Jigsaw included), but Oracle announced a delay because the code was "not up to standards" and after delaying it a couple of time, they decided Java 7 will proceed without Project Jigsaw which will come with Java 8. Obviously that didn't pan out either.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
          Let us to vote if it will raise or reduce quality of Java programmes..

          Veracode reveals 97 percent of Java applications contain at least one security vulnerability
          http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/soft...BKrpmMOMfHz.99
          That's because of other reasons, like the fact that java applications are made with like half the time you would need to make a decent job, or that the programmer is VERY new to programming because java is "easy".

          Comment


          • #6
            It's crucial to get Jigsaw right, so I'm happy to have it delayed.

            Jigsaw will set the standard for how all future JVM libraries will work with each other. You don't want mistakes here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
              It's crucial to get Jigsaw right, so I'm happy to have it delayed.

              Jigsaw will set the standard for how all future JVM libraries will work with each other. You don't want mistakes here.
              Actually, at this point I don't really know what the point of project Jigsaw is. Nobody needs that level of application modularity (otherwise OSGI would have taken off) and in the JDK/JRE I still don't know what it will improve.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                ...Java 7 was supposedly feature complete (with Jigsaw included), but Oracle announced a delay because the code was "not up to standards" and after delaying it a couple of time, they decided Java 7 will proceed without Project Jigsaw which will come with Java 8. Obviously that didn't pan out either.
                Jigsaw sounds like Mir

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
                  Let us to vote if it will raise or reduce quality of Java programmes..

                  Veracode reveals 97 percent of Java applications contain at least one security vulnerability
                  http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/soft...BKrpmMOMfHz.99
                  Sorry, but has anyone read this piece of writing?
                  What a crappy bullshit article.
                  Here's my highlight:

                  Originally posted by CrapArticle
                  The prevalent use of open source components in software development is creating unmanaged, systemic risks across companies and industries,
                  Anyway, glad to hear that Java 9 will finally arrive...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    theghost

                    Sorry, but has anyone read this piece of writing?
                    What a crappy bullshit article
                    Here's my highlight:
                    I know other part of the paper and I disagree to that part as well as European Union

                    Study: ‘Open source coders more aware of security’
                    Submitted by Gijs Hillenius on October 14, 2016
                    https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/communit...urity%E2%80%99

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X