Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    you don't need release for that
    Well some people would rather not replace their LLVM version with one that differs from their distro, such as for inconvenience or security concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
      Well some people would rather not replace their LLVM version with one that differs from their distro, such as for inconvenience or security concerns.
      well, llvm release does not magically jump into their distro, so release is still irrelevant

Comment

you don't need release for that
        Well, yes I do, since the Gentoo devs haven't included the early releases (or -9999/git) in the tree. The official release means that it'll be in within a couple of weeks (hopefully faster).

Comment

i'm not familiar with gentoo, but at least you can build it yourself or change distro

Comment

i'm not familiar with gentoo, but at least you can build it yourself or change distro
            I'm aware, but thank you for the information. Gentoo is a rolling release, so we continually get the latest release from most software (sometimes there is a longer wait though, because of stabilization issues, for instance a big GCC release), and we are also able to "unmask" unstable versions (even installing git builds from the package manager).
            The reason I want the official release is that I want a stable, well-tested and proper release, that I can trust to be all of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
              I want a stable, well-tested and proper release, that I can trust to be all of those things.
              that would be 12.x, not 12.0

Comment

btw, it is written in mesa release notes

Comment

that would be 12.x, not 12.0
                  True, but now we were talking about LLVM, not Mesa. And regarding both Mesa and LLVM, even an "unstable" release is way more tested that a HEAD-build from Git.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                    LLVM, not Mesa
                    my bad

Comment

Working...
                    X