No announcement yet.

GDB Debugger Now Supports The Rust Language, Other GNU Toolchain Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDB Debugger Now Supports The Rust Language, Other GNU Toolchain Improvements

Phoronix: GDB Debugger Now Supports The Rust Language, Other GNU Toolchain Improvements

The GNU Toolchain has continued making improvements this year beyond just the recent GCC 6 stable compiler release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Rust is being used in some really cool places like a Tor implementation and a TLS implementation.

Would be cool to see a kernel or a SSH client written in Rust.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Rust is being used in some really cool places like a Tor implementation and a TLS implementation.

Would be cool to see a kernel or a SSH client written in Rust.
      There already is:

Comment

Originally posted by winie View Post

There already is:
        That's cool. I knew I had seen one a while back, but it wasn't nearly as far along as this--think it was just at the point of displaying text and colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post

That's cool. I knew I had seen one a while back, but it wasn't nearly as far along as this--think it was just at the point of displaying text and colors.
          There are a few, but Redox is the most popular at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X