Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Programming Language 1.8 Released

Phoronix: Rust Programming Language 1.8 Released

Rust 1.8 has been declared stable by the team working on this increasingly popular programming language focused on safety, speed, and concurrency...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can anyone recommend a good IDE for Rust? I was looking a month or 2 ago and there weren't too many options.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
      Can anyone recommend a good IDE for Rust? I was looking a month or 2 ago and there weren't too many options.
      Atom with the tokamak plugin is perfect for me, I get code linting, autocompletion and snippets

use `cargo install racer` to get racer which is required for autocompletion

Comment

Originally posted by kloumpt View Post

Atom with the tokamak plugin is perfect for me, I get code linting, autocompletion and snippets

use `cargo install racer` to get racer which is required for autocompletion
        Is the auto-completion compiler(LLVM?)-based or something smart like that? Or is it just lexical/ctags (or similar)?

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Is the auto-completion compiler(LLVM?)-based or something smart like that? Or is it just lexical/ctags (or similar)?
          I don't know, I find it efficient but I don't know what's behind except it's written from scratch (In Rust )) )

You may find more informations on the official github repo:
          Rust Code Completion utility. Contribute to racer-rust/racer development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Racer is written in Rust and simply uses the Rust source code itself to perform code completion. It may be run as a daemon to mitigate latency or as a one-off client. You will have to install the Rust source code somewhere on your system and configure racer to use that source code.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
              As others have stated, Atom is currently the best IDE/editor for Rust, but Microsoft Visual Studio Code also has really good support with Rusty Code. VIM is another good option, and Emacs works too.
              Last edited by mmstick; 15 April 2016, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I found a pretty good explanation here on how to configure Atom with other plugins for Rust (ycm). I have to try "tokamak":

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post

As others have stated, Atom is currently the best IDE/editor for Rust, but Microsoft Visual Studio Code also has really good support with Rusty Code. VIM is another good option, and Emacs works too.
                  https://areweideyet.com/
                  I'm pretty sure very few people in this world have emacs (or vim) in mind when they ask for an IDE

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I'm pretty sure very few people in this world have emacs (or vim) in mind when they ask for an IDE
                    Emacs may have been the first IDE

Comment

Working...
                    X