Recapping The New Features Of GCC 6: OpenMP 4.5, HSA, C++14, AMD Zen & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recapping The New Features Of GCC 6: OpenMP 4.5, HSA, C++14, AMD Zen & More

Phoronix: Recapping The New Features Of GCC 6: OpenMP 4.5, HSA, C++14, AMD Zen & More

As GCC 6 should be officially released soon, here's a quick overview of the improvements and new features for this yearly free software compiler update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd love to see some benchmarks against the improved linking

Comment

I wish the committee would drop the attributes thing. It is a bad idea and makes for obscure code: side effects raised to first class language feature.

Comment

That sounds like it will be an interesting release. Also likely to be in time once Gentoo hits the first Zen CPUs/APUs. Also rising HSA support is a good thing, hopefully this will pave the road for future programs making better use of it.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
          I wish the committee would drop the attributes thing. It is a bad idea and makes for obscure code: side effects raised to first class language feature.
          Which attributes have side-effects? To me it seems they just enhance diagnostics, optimizations and static analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Which attributes have side-effects? To me it seems they just enhance diagnostics, optimizations and static analysis.
            I was cognitively disonancized. I was thinking about Java annotations.

Comment

Working...
            X