Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Is Pursuing A Community Code of Conduct

Phoronix: LLVM Is Pursuing A Community Code of Conduct

While the LLVM community tends to be very respectful to one another and I'm having a hard time thinking of when things have ever gotten out of hand in their mailing list discussions, they are now pursuing a Community Code of Conduct...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yep, basic common sense to most individuals.
    In the US culture, not in all of the world. Please stop exporting your culture by the way of US-centric code of conducts.

Comment

Now brilliant nerd developers will move away from a politically-governed project with arbitrary rules into a more fun and technically-oriented project where they can really focus on technical excellence instead of being forced into molds with no room for individualism.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post

In the US culture, not in all of the world. Please stop exporting your culture by the way of US-centric code of conducts.
        I'm sorry but how is this US-centric ? It's only about respect. Is this not what everyone is trying to achieve ?

Comment

Originally posted by teldar View Post

I'm sorry but how is this US-centric ? It's only about respect. Is this not what everyone is trying to achieve ?

maybe in the US it is common to run to the judge for every single thing, but outside of the US it is usually not (this is what this CoC explicitly wants: contact conduct team if you see violation, no talk to the person first or stuff)

Comment

this is the most important point: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm...er/091239.html

this can become a serious issue

Comment

No, what LLVM is trying to achieve is the best compiler on the planet... That goal should not be hindered by politics and people who cry wolf at the first vocal disagreement.

Comment

I'm sorry but how is this US-centric ?
                Because some East-European asspie might have to stop being a dipshit to people on a mailinglist.

Comment

The idea of respect is common, but the implementation significantly differs across culture. I would respect much more somebody that would give me a honest finger because I bulshitted than somebody trying to be apologetic and solving everything in a civil manner.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Now brilliant nerd developers will move away from a politically-governed project with arbitrary rules into a more fun and technically-oriented project where they can really focus on technical excellence instead of being forced into molds with no room for individualism.

perhaps they could learn some social skills instead or are they incapable?

Comment

Working...
                    X