Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Announces The Hack Specification

Phoronix: Facebook Announces The Hack Specification

Developers at Facebook today announced the initial specification for the Hack programming language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, another programming language! Just what we all were waiting for

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
      Now really, this is one big PHP hack and not an language.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
        Hey, if it's open source and open specification then it sure beats something like Swift or even Java. I use Java, I don't completely hate it. But I don't like that, for example, the Apache Harmony implementation of Java was scrapped because Sun and later Oracle refused to allow them access to the test kit required to certify Harmony to use the Java trademark ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Harmony ).

More open languages never hurts. Worst thing it can do is fade into obscurity, no different from 98% of other technical projects.

Comment

My only qualm about this one for now is that whoever named it has an awful naming sense. But more open source programming languages is exactly what we need, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Comment

Working...
          X