• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    some - "at least a small amount or number of people or things"
    too - "to a higher degree than is desirable"
    less - "to a smaller extent; not so much"

Going by these definitions and others, I'm having trouble comprehending this. I read it as "A small amount that sounds more than less than."
    he used 'less' instead of 'few'

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post
      Clang can't build something or runs slower -> Clangs fault
      GCC can't build something or runs slower -> Applications fault
      who told you this nonsense ?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        who told you this nonsense ?
        This forum... every time a Clang vs. GCC flamewar shows up...

Unreal Engine uses Clang 3.3 and crashes with Clang 3.4... "Clang is shit, it breaks the code", "clang is unusable", ...

ArchLinux or other projects switching to clang for some packages because they can't use GCC 4.9... "this smells fishy", "there is a flaw in the application", ...

The arguments here are always the same "GCC generates faster binaries"... facts from "march=native" test noone uses (Gentoo use GCC 4.8, Binary-Distributions use march=generic) AND ignoring all tests clang wins.

No "binary distribution compiler flags"-tests so far...

And now? Google shows up and says... "we are switching to clang, having benefits with it, binary is not slower"

And here this begins... arguing about the GCC Version... ignoring that GCC 4.9 seems to crash chromium...

Its funny xD

Comment

This forum... every time a Clang vs. GCC flamewar shows up...

Unreal Engine uses Clang 3.3 and crashes with Clang 3.4... "Clang is shit, it breaks the code", "clang is unusable", ...

ArchLinux or other projects switching to clang for some packages because they can't use GCC 4.9... "this smells fishy", "there is a flaw in the application", ...

The arguments here are always the same "GCC generates faster binaries"... facts from "march=native" test noone uses (Gentoo use GCC 4.8, Binary-Distributions use march=generic) AND ignoring all tests clang wins.

No "binary distribution compiler flags"-tests so far...

And now? Google shows up and says... "we are switching to clang, having benefits with it, binary is not slower"

And here this begins... arguing about the GCC Version... ignoring that GCC 4.9 seems to crash chromium...

Its funny xD
          so you are just having troubles with interpreting reality.
          i didn't tell you anything about 'clang is unusable' and/or archlinux. i told only about one specific bug and i used 'maybe'. you should have used it too, because there was link to gnutella bug, but there was no link to gcc bug. so why assume latter, when former is enough ? i'm actually not sure whether it is allowed to pass null to memcpy. that program certainly does it, if it is not allowed, then it is a bug in program.

it is funny that you are unable to read simple messaged and use your crazy ideas as substitution. google mail said no bullshit like 'GCC 4.9 seems to crash chromium' and in any case there were two other versions in between 4.9 and 4.6. btw, google employs gcc developers, so they are able to fix any bug, encountered by their software. if you had some brains, you would think that 'why compare current clang with ancient gcc' is a legitimate question.

Comment

...if you had some brains...
            Nice counter argument... really... congratulation EOD

Comment

Nice counter argument... really... congratulation EOD
              Counter-argument actually comes after that part. The fact that you pull 3 words out of the whole text as a defense, actually helps to prove those words may be true and you being a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by the303 View Post
                Counter-argument actually comes after that part. The fact that you pull 3 words out of the whole text as a defense, actually helps to prove those words may be true and you being a troll.
                If someone can't argue without insults than this person is just wasting my time...

See those last news about people leaving their positions because of insults all the time. I just stop talking when this happen

Comment

See those last news about people leaving their positions because of insults all the time. I just stop talking when this happen
                  Good for you. You're just wasting your time arguing with the batshit crazy assholes on this forum.

Comment

It's pretty obvious why they are switching to clang on linux

It's so they consolidate linux with their Android and OSX builds. It's kind of silly to have arguably the smallest and least important platform use a different compiler than two other platforms in which Chrome is better tested and more widely used, when you can choose to use the same one with no real penalty.

Makes perfect sense. Now, why they use clang on Android and OSX builds to begin with is a completely different matter, more related to licensing and business than anything else.

Comment

isn't it crazy that they are changing gcc 4.6 instead of 4.9 ? it reminds me of traditional apple comparisons of clang against their gcc 4.2
                      Well, to be fair Apple was VERY proud of being able to beat the 10 year old abused zombie version of gcc they themselves had created and artificially kept "alive".

Comment

Working...
                      X