Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just-In-Time (JIT) Compilation Support Merged For GCC 5

Phoronix: Just-In-Time (JIT) Compilation Support Merged For GCC 5

Just in time for posing more competition to LLVM's compiler infrastructure, the GNU Compiler Collection now has JIT support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The fruits of competition.

Comment

Usefulness?

This is really cool!

I suppose this can be integrated with a IDE to provide things like real-time validation of code as you code. To give suggestions on things to refactor.

What other use cases are there for this?
      What cool things could be done with a JIT in GCC and a libjit library?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I suppose this can be integrated with a IDE to provide things like real-time validation of code as you code. To give suggestions on things to refactor.
        you don't need compiler for this, parser is sufficient

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          you don't need compiler for this, parser is sufficient
          a compiler is better, kdevelop will strip off 50K loc by changing from a parser made from scratch to clang. The clang works better and support C and objective C in addition of C++ and has a better type deduction when using templates.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
            a compiler is better, kdevelop will strip off 50K loc by changing from a parser made from scratch to clang. The clang works better and support C and objective C in addition of C++ and has a better type deduction when using templates.
            no, compiler is not needed. kdevelop changed handmade parser to clang parser. see, no compiler here

Comment

I would like to see an AAA MMORPG to be compiled with JIT instead of x86 and able to run everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
                I would like to see an AAA MMORPG to be compiled with JIT instead of x86 and able to run everywhere.
                jit is not for running everywhere. it will not run on more platforms than aot

Comment

Working...
                X