Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Open-Sources Its C++ HTTP Framework/Server

Phoronix: Facebook Open-Sources Its C++ HTTP Framework/Server

Facebook's latest open-source code contribution to the public is Proxygen, a C++ HTTP framework with HTTP/SPDY server capabilities that it's been using internally in place of Apache and Nginx servers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Three clauses is too many clauses!

Why not the 2-clause BSD license (or the ISC license) ?

Sounds really nice with a HTTP framework though, that implements the protocol.
    Then anyone can write the server themselves how they see fit, with threads, fibers, async, select or poll, epoll, kpoll or whatever.

Comment

Benchmarks please

Michael, you've been asking for feedback on what benchmarks to run - how about NGinx v Apache v Facebook HTTPD?

Comment

Given that my most advanced web setup is CGit, to me it looks like another 'please audit our code! here!'
        But I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Then anyone can write the server themselves how they see fit, with threads, fibers, async, select or poll, epoll, kpoll or whatever.
          They probably require excessive attribution. I'd also prefer the 2-clause a bit more. In a previous company I worked we often took open source 2-clause BSD libraries and claimed their 100% our own code in the product. Never got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

It barely matters, it's not hard to add a notice. Only a few KB at most. I like zlib as a short lax/permissive license, personally.

Originally posted by caligula View Post
            They probably require excessive attribution. I'd also prefer the 2-clause a bit more. In a previous company I worked we often took open source 2-clause BSD libraries and claimed their 100% our own code in the product. Never got caught.
            Thanks for telling us you took free/libre code and made it proprietary.

Comment

Working...
            X