Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenMP Support Might Be Added To LLVM Clang 3.5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OpenMP Support Might Be Added To LLVM Clang 3.5

    Phoronix: OpenMP Support Might Be Added To LLVM Clang 3.5

    We might finally have OpenMP support added to LLVM's Clang C/C++ compiler!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY5OTU

  • #2
    Although I don't advocate for using LLVM, if they include OpenMP support I hope it is for OpenMP v4.0.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
      Although I don't advocate for using LLVM, if they include OpenMP support I hope it is for OpenMP v4.0.
      From their website (http://openmp.llvm.org/):

      Support for OpenMP 3.1 in Clang is in the process of being promoted into the Clang mainline, and can be found at OpenMP/Clang.
      However, they are currently working on OpenMP 4.0. It just won't be ready in time for the LLVM 3.5 release, so the target is to get the OpenMP 3.1 support into the compiler.

      Comment


      • #4
        If it's still crapple sponsored project then OpenMP won't help much.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          If it's still crapple sponsored project then OpenMP won't help much.
          Nothing could possibly help GCC.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            If it's still crapple sponsored project then OpenMP won't help much.
            Yeah, whats is this world coming to when you can download and use a compiler with no string attached. I want a ten page clause which defines what I cant do with my my "freedom".

            Comment


            • #7
              Correction: Bill has relocated to Google and has been there since October 2013.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by brad0 View Post
                Nothing could possibly help GCC.
                You've got to be kidding. It's much more mature than clang and it's GPL licensed. However, what's the most important It's crapple free.
                Last edited by ; 25 May 2014, 05:11 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by discordian View Post
                  Yeah, whats is this world coming to when you can download and use a compiler with no string attached. I want a ten page clause which defines what I cant do with my my "freedom".
                  It's not your freedom. As far as I know It's still apple sponsored and BSD licensed project. BSD licensed projects have NOTHING common with freedom. The code can be used in proprietary applications and you get nothing. Send patches to clang/llvm and get fooled. They'll take your patches and won't have to open source theirs. It's a no brainer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                    It's not your freedom. As far as I know It's still apple sponsored and BSD licensed project. BSD licensed projects have NOTHING common with freedom. The code can be used in proprietary applications and you get nothing. Send patches to clang/llvm and get fooled. They'll take your patches and won't have to open source theirs. It's a no brainer.
                    So what if they get used in proprietary applications? As long they are good and worth their money or even gratis, Id rather have that choice than nothing. You think GPL projects where built without money? For many thing you pay them if you dont use it, the money flows through selling services.
                    Id rather send patches to LLVM, than having to to turn over my copyright to GNU and not beeing able to use my own code in every way I like.

                    Your "freedom" sounds like you nobody should be able to create anything without fully sharing.. do you live this? Your home and fridge open to anyone, car fully tanked and key ready for the next homeless guy wanting to drive to the liquer store?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X