Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirza
    replied
    Add Intel icc to the mix, so that we have some perspective. I am sure Intel will readily provide you with a copy, unless they are afraid of comparison. :-)

Leave a comment:

• XorEaxEax
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidNielsen View Post
    In fact I have been eagerly eying FreeBSD again after years away from the platform because of their investment in making GCC history.
    Why would you want GCC to be history? I am very happy to have competition (finally) on the open compiler front and the last thing I would want is a lack of competition again. Is this some BSD licence zelot/anti-GPL thing?

Leave a comment:

• XorEaxEax
    replied
    Keep these benchmarks coming, really looking forward to the ARM tests. Also great that you've opted for the latest point releases in your tests, makes the result much more relevant.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNielsen
    replied
    Clang continues to impress me, I can't wait for it to be capable of compiling a full standard distribution. In fact I have been eagerly eying FreeBSD again after years away from the platform because of their investment in making GCC history.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic GCC & LLVM Clang Performance On The Intel Atom

GCC & LLVM Clang Performance On The Intel Atom

Phoronix: GCC & LLVM Clang Performance On The Intel Atom

A few weeks ago there were benchmarks of GCC, LLVM-GCC, DragonEgg, and Clang. In this compiler performance comparison the releases of GCC 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, and a 4.6 development snapshot were benchmarked. On the LLVM side there was LLVM-GCC 4.2, DragonEgg with GCC 4.5 and LLVM 2.8, and then Clang with LLVM 2.8. This combination of eight open-source compilers were tested on three distinct Intel and AMD systems (even a 12-thread Core i7 Gulftown), but all of which were 64-bit capable and contained relatively high-end processors from their respective series. To complement this earlier article, available now are some new GCC/LLVM benchmarks but this time an older Intel Atom CPU was used to look at the 32-bit compiler performance on a slower, low-power netbook.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X