Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Debugger GDB 15.1 Brings Better Python Support

Phoronix: GNU Debugger GDB 15.1 Brings Better Python Support

GDB 15.1 was released on Sunday as the first version in the GNU Debugger 15 branch for this widely-used, open-source debugging solution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Waiting for Debian to package it. Developers somehow didn't even package 14.1 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      Waiting for Debian to package it. Developers somehow didn't even package 14.1 yet.
      You're supposed to wait for a distro release not a package dropped into Sid lol

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post

You're supposed to wait for a distro release not a package dropped into Sid lol
        How is gdb tied to a distro release? I don't see the connection.

Comment

How is gdb tied to a distro release? I don't see the connection.
          Exactly like any other piece of software provided by a distro I guess =P

Comment

Exactly like any other piece of software provided by a distro I guess =P
            Well, that's irrelevant. Lot's of packages are updated in Debian distros which are not stable one. So I want to see gdb updated too.

Comment

I use Fedora rawhide for this, also latest gcc to test stuffs

Comment

Well, that's irrelevant. Lot's of packages are updated in Debian distros which are not stable one. So I want to see gdb updated too.
                Why would we need a distro at all with this approach? =P

Comment

Why would we need a distro at all with this approach? =P
                  Why wouldn't you need a distro? Do you assemble your installation by hand?

Comment

Why wouldn't you need a distro? Do you assemble your installation by hand?
                    Nope, that's why you wait for a new distro version rather than for the upstream release.

Comment

Working...
                    X