Zhaoxin "Shijidadao" x86_64 CPU Support Merged Into The GCC 15 Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhaoxin "Shijidadao" x86_64 CPU Support Merged Into The GCC 15 Compiler

Phoronix: Zhaoxin "Shijidadao" x86_64 CPU Support Merged Into The GCC 15 Compiler

Zhaoxin Shijidadao CPU support was upstreamed today into the GCC 15 compiler codebase. Zhaoxin as a reminder is the joint venture between VIA and the Shanghai Municipal Government for creating x86/x86_64-compatible processors for the Chinese market...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

世紀大道 (Simplified: 世纪大道) pinyin: shìjì dàdào, it's just literally "Century Avenue" but in Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by gedalya View Post
      世紀大道 (Simplified: 世纪大道) pinyin: shìjì dàdào, it's just literally "Century Avenue" but in Chinese
      Thanks & welcome! Please don't mind the trolls.
      👹

Comment

In every of China's many cities you will find Century Avenue, Century Park, Century Square, it's just one of those things

Comment

I was digging through the documentation of this chip and for some reason there's some line about not "feeding" it after midnight? I have no idea what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
            I was digging through the documentation of this chip and for some reason there's some line about not "feeding" it after midnight? I have no idea what that means.
            It's innuendo intending to imply that it is a monster or a beast. Derived from VIA tech I find that very hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              It's innuendo intending to imply that it is a monster or a beast. Derived from VIA tech I find that very hard to believe.
              Coming from China, I wouldn't be surprised if it has Gremlins inside them

Comment

Decent process node
                Definitely no backdoor
                Use in government

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post
                  Decent process node
                  Definitely no backdoor
                  Use in government
                  Given thst it's x86_64 they probably just wanna make sure that it's their backdoor and not someone else's

Comment

Anytime I read China is making its own CPU I can't avoid to think a new war is getting closer...

Comment

Working...
                    X