Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mathletic
    replied
    kalrish You are right, I misinterpreted the article. Great news!

Leave a comment:

• kalrish
    replied
    Originally posted by mathletic View Post
    In general I think the sanitizers are great and they help to find bugs that would stay unnoticed. Aiming for Bazel makes this particular sanitizer useless to people outside of Google, as the use more CMake or Meson.
    For anybody wondering, GWP stands for Google-wide Profiling.
    The README suggests –at least to me– that Bazel is needed only to build GWPSan itself and users just link the static library into their programs or inject the dynamic library with LD_PRELOAD. If my understanding is right and distros shipped GWPSan as they do other sanitizers, developers could use GWPSan without even being aware of Bazel.

Leave a comment:

• mathletic
    replied
    In general I think the sanitizers are great and they help to find bugs that would stay unnoticed. Aiming for Bazel makes this particular sanitizer useless to people outside of Google, as the use more CMake or Meson.
    For anybody wondering, GWP stands for Google-wide Profiling.

Leave a comment:

• Google Open-Sources GWPSan As A New Sanitizer Framework

Phoronix: Google Open-Sources GWPSan As A New Sanitizer Framework

Google is known for their many contributions to open-source compilers and particular many different sanitizer efforts over the years. Their newest project they have made open-source in this area is GWPSan as a sampling-based sanitizer framework...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X